happy weekend, loves! usually, I write posts for the week on Sunday, but right now it's really hard to fit in the time to write posts for the whole week - so poor fridays have been taking the hit! it feels like it's been awhile since I did a weekend wrap up post, so here are some things I've been loving most lately!
1. this video on how to not get raped is hilarious. in general, I love Anna Akana (she's hilarious, a feminist, and also totally creative and living her creative dream. love that!)
2. holy freaking crap. this is a beyoncé pin. I need to have this. I don't know where I would ever use a pin at all but I need to have this anyways. k. cool. good talk.
3. this week, I went grocery shopping at costco (which is something I've never done for myself, although I've been to costco before.) I was totally blown away. a BAG of yogurt!?!? and look at all of these groceries!!! I was basically freaking out the whole time we were there and my bestie was kind of amused. luckily, he put up with taking photos of me.
4. I also went to the common - a cute, chic downtown restaurant and bar in edmonton. I'm actually comprising a list of places I need to try in edmonton - let me know if you have any favourites! I had the fish and chips (amaaaahzing) and the pavlova for dessert (heavenly). would definitely recommend the common to anyone looking for something slightly more upscale and very unique.
5. finally, I've just started reading the May chapter of the happiness project. basically, the concept for May is to have time for fun and to enjoy life. doing things for the sake of doing them - just because you enjoy them, and not for economic reasons. I've been thinking about this a lot in my personal life - I'm trying to figure out how to have a work-life balance. sometimes I feel like all I do is work: I love my job, but I don't want to be my job, if that makes sense. if you have tips for having a successful work-life balance, please let me know in the comments below!
well, that's a wrap for this week! have an incredible weekend and we'll catch up again next week! ciao! xo